About the Job
SUMMARY: Performs routine maintenance and janitorial duties to provide clean, safe, and welcoming grounds and facilities for patrons and staff. Uses appropriate equipment, products, and technique to assist in the preservation of library assets.
- Learn the courier route and be able to fill in at anytime
- Basic Plumbing
- Basic Electrical
- Basic Carpentry
- Landscaping/Trimming Bushes
- Gather recycling from all branches
- Moving library furniture
- Assemble new furniture
- Snow removal and salting
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma with at least two (2) years relevant experience
- Previous general maintenance and custodial experience required. Other work/life experience demonstrating related skills may be considered.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability, craft and knowledge of the safe operation of various maintenance equipment including – but not limited to:
- -Hand Tools -Various wrenches, hammer, grips, saws, snips, etc.
- -Power Tools -Wrenches, grinders, sanders, drills, saws, etc
- -Dollies, ladders
- -Exterior power equipment: mowers, leaf blower, trimmers, etc.
- Ability to work independently.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to learn basic computer skills.
- Required verification of valid driver’s license and proof of insurability as assignment(s) may include regular travel.
- Reliable transportation.
- Frequent travel between the 5 physical locations. (mileage reimbursement provided)
Working Conditions & Physical Demands:
- Normal library working conditions; moderate exposure to office/maintenance chemicals (cleaning solutions, glue, paint, etc.).
- Frequent lifting (25 lbs.) and regular heavy lifting (up to 50 lbs.).
- Frequent climbing, balancing or stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling
- Frequent walking and standing for extended times.
- Regular repetitive actions/motions such as bending, pushing/pulling and reaching.
- May encounter exposure to outside elements; heat, cold, rain, snow, ice, etc. when performing outside tasks or traveling on library business (transporting materials between buildings or similar assignments).
- May include occasional communication with patrons.
For more information, please contact www. pageafterpage. org or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Post ID: 31452097 indianapolis